You’re talking Rubbish!!!
I thought I’d write this article as I’m amazed at the backlash that Microsoft has been receiving about “How difficult” it is to change the default browser in Windows 10. I’ve never seen, in my opinion, so much poor biased journalism, and no I’m not a Microsoft “Fan Boy”, around a browser setting in an operating system.
I don’t think I’ve ever read an article about Apple shipping Safari as the default browser in OSX or being asked to give users another choice out of the box.
If you don’t like it change it. So with that in mind I thought I’d show you how to do it below. I hope you find this useful and don’t have any problems changing your browser.
How to change your default browser in Windows 10
Here in simple steps, with pictures, is how you change the default apps in Microsoft Windows 10 to something you do like, assuming you have downloaded and installed the software you want to use.
1. First step, using the Windows Menu, go to settings:
2. Select the System option and you will see the screenshot below.
3. Select the Default apps option.
4. Scroll down to the Web Browser (notice you can change other apps in this menu setting)
5. Click on the Web Browser and you will be presented with a list of alternatives, assuming you have installed some!
6. Select the one you want and close the menu, Job Done!
I hope this helps those people out there that appear to be having trouble and shows you just how easy it is. Just because a company changes how a piece of software works doesn’t make it bad, in fact I see it as a sign of progress, and in fact I believe Microsoft have made a huge leap forward with Windows 10, and I hope they continue to innovate.