So its been a long while since my last post, but I’ve decided to start posting more regularly to my blog (hopefully!)
I’ve been playing around with various editors recently to try and streamline my workflow, improve my productivity. To that end I think I’ve finally settled on emacs, and although its a steep learning curve I’ve finally started to make headway thanks to various web sources and a lot of help from my great friend Mickey over at masteringemacs.org (who incidentally is about to publish a great book on emacs!!).
I also found some useful information that helped to create this post at Pablumfication which I’ve taken the liberty of copying below:
Creating Your First Post
Creating your post really could not be simpler
- M-x org2blog/wp-login – To Login to your blog.
- M-x org2blog/wp-new-post – To create a new post.
- Make your changes in the file.
- C-x C-s – To save the changes
- C-c d – To run the command org2blog/wp-post-buffer which if everything has worked successfully will post your post to your blog as a draft. You’ll notice that POSTID (‘#+POSTID: 00000′) will have been prepended to the file.
- You’ll also be prompted asking if you want to open you’ll new post in the browser. Pressing ‘y’ will do this and if everything has gone well you should see your post.
- Make changes till your happy with your post.
- C-c p – To publish your post to be visible to all.
Thats it your done.